Monday, May 31, 2010

Omigosh Contest Time!

Some of you may have not read/were too excited about his return to bother with such trivial details/etc., but I am BRK's personal assistant. What does this mean? Well, besides jokes about having finally tamed a druid, it means I do his grunt work.

At the moment there isn't much grunt work so I do as much as my salary; that is to say, nothing.

However, I'm needing some help on something of my own, and I have something to give you for it!

You see, not long before BRK told me in secret to start spreading rumors about his return, I was ordered to get on my hunter and fly out to Storm Peaks by the awesome Druid Sonicoom. Apparently, there was a Skoll! And I tamed him and I was so pleased (he will tell you that I was so over-excited I forgot to put down a Freezing Trap and that I nearly died and we had to play an aggro game but anyway).

Now, the problem is...what do I name it? And I had a thought...

I'll ask you guys. 'Cause you're super awesome and I have never done a contest before.

So here's the rules and information!

1) Leave a comment with your entry for Skoll's name
2) Only one suggestion per person.
3) It needs to follow a theme. My hunter's name is "Sugarcake" and all my pets are some sugary treat or addition.
4) I do not repeat pet names. My previous pets have been named: Sprinkles (wolf), Frosting (bear), Coconut (warpstalker), Blueberries (blue plainstrider), Strawberries (silithid), Mint (chimaera), Marmalade (moth), Zebracake (hyena), Licorice (JORMUNGAR), Tart (raptor), Gumdrop (crocolisk, named by BRK himself!).
5) Read the other comments before posting. Do not repeat a suggestion! Think of something else or be faster, sorry!

The person who gives me the name I like best (yeah, you can't really impartially judge this sort of thing) will win a Slashdance loot card! I can scratch it and give you the code or mail it, your preference.

Good luck, have fun, and wrack those noggins!

EDIT: Forgot to say - you have until Thursday at 11:59 PM EST! I'll announce my favorite, and the winner, Friday.

UPDATE: Commenting closed, and now I have the difficult job of choosing the winner. Answer will be up tonight!

43 comments:

Icedragon said...

Since Skoll looks like a rather cold wolf, I'm tossing Icing out as a name :)

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Yes, oops, one suggestion per person. XD

I'll go with PopRocks then.

Good Luck!!

Stop said...

Rockcandy.

Sephrenia said...

Frosties

Unknown said...

hmmmm how about Butterscotch

Hana said...

I'll go with Macaroon. :)

Maria said...

Jawbreaker :)

Tox said...

Sundae!

Issy said...

Treacle

no reason, just the first thing that popped into my head.. i didn't see it on your list already :)

gz on getting him :)

Darthregis said...

Fizzypop

Anonymous said...

Schnapps!

Lawgnut said...

Wintermint
Blueberry
Frosting
BluRaspberry

Draik said...

Sweetness!

Sonicoom said...

SweetNlow

Adarellus said...

Jellybean.....

Grats on the nice new pet!!

Rades said...

Woo Skoll!!

Cupcake?

Per S said...

Cloudberry

Even though they are actually more of an orange colour, I like the name.

Armond said...

Ice Cream (you can have two words in the pet name, right?).

Angelya said...

I do like Jellybean :)

But I'll suggest Truffle instead, coz they're my favourite!

Grace said...

sodapop!

Fohrestte said...

How about Cotton Candy?

Pazi said...

Can't believe you never used EyeCandy before.

Sondahl said...

How about 'Danish' since Skoll sounds awfully similar to Skaal, the traditional Danish toast!

Anonymous said...

I like Scone. Especially apple those delicious Pumpikin ones.

-Nymesis-

Unknown said...

FairyFloss (another name for spun sugar, which his mane rather resembles). It could even be blue. :)

Maebius said...

The first thing that popped into my head was "PopRocks" but that was mentioned.
Then I thought "Jellybean" but that was likewise taken.

So I'll just go with "Creampuff".

Delz said...

I say "Meringue"

Unknown said...

Raiden
Frostbite

Frederik Lundberg said...

Muffin!

My all time favourite pet name has been Butters since vanilla WoW, but that probably doesn't qualify.

Grizadams said...

I'll give credit to tracey for FairyFloss, although we call it CandyFloss, since that fur really does look like it. If you're not going for regional flavor though, I'd go with BitterSweet.
...sort of along the lines of he's bitter cold. Or you could go with honeybuns, since I relate that to Sugarcake for some reason, you'll note that this post occurred at 5:30 AM.
My one official entry though is BitterSweet.

JGP said...

Powder, (the movie or powdered sugar) don't know why, he isn't even white.

Unknown said...

Peep :)

Cute name for a scary wolf. Oh and sugary!

Alternatively, you could spell it "peeps"

Unknown said...

Starburst
Courtesy of my 6 y/o daughter.

Amallthea said...

Dippindot

Gratz!

Kayeri said...

My official entry.... Sugarspun... I dont think it's been listed, although it's been referred to.. :)

Anonymous said...

New reader here - love it.

My offering: Baklava

bo-breaze said...

Ill go with Shock Tart. Because the pet looks shocking but is sweet once you get to know him. Similar to the candy shockingly sour then a wonderful sweet taste.

Amy said...

All your previous pet's names made me think of Willy Wonka..

So

Snozberry

Grats on your new pet :D

Bob said...

Eclair.

Anonymous said...

SnowCone

Anonymous said...

Gelato

Caelestis said...

Blackbutterfinger